Thursday, September 22, 2011

RP:The Departing of Someone Special


"There's only one word I could think of to describe this situation, bittersweet."
I found this from my good friend Amy's blog. And the post was about her sister leaving to go away to college. And I can completely understand and sympathize with her. The other day I was thinking while laying down on my bed, and i thought to myself, "Wow, this is going to be Bobby's last year of high School." And For those of you who don't know, Bobby is my older brother who I love to death. One of the very view, solid guys that i can depend on to pull through for me when I need him the most. And at the end of that thought, I choked up a bit. You know, he is one of my go to guys when I need some one to talk to and cant go to the other members of the fam bam. And i can always count on him. So I did get a little down at the thought of him leaving.


But then I thought about what was ahead for him in his life. And how hes going to go on and take all of the necessary steps for him to become a firefighter. And as competitive as it is in that field now, I know he will do great. And he will go on to put his life on the line to save others, that to me is the definition of a hero. And he will be going on to something that he loves in the end, so it would be selfish of me to want him to stay. So after a while of thinking about the situation, I came to this conclusion. As much as the situation sucks, I'm OK with it and will be here to return the favor for my brother if he ever needs anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment